“The coaching I received made me a better athlete, and what is more important a better person. This inspires me to pass on the knowledge I’ve gained over the years to others.” - Peter Russo
For over a decade, Russo Racing has been sharing this knowledge through personal coaching athletes of all levels.
At the end of 2019, my family had the opportunity to relocate to Tucson, AZ. As a life-long New Englander, it was a difficult decision...okay, it was the middle of winter, and not that difficult a decision. I previously ran training camps in Tucson, and fell in love with the area. Moving here full-time provides me an exciting new opportunity to expand my coaching services to include new friends & athletes, more training camps, Swim Smooth video analysis and swim groups (in outdoor pools), and expanded running & triathlon coaching.
I will be traveling back to New England regularly to allow for meeting with athletes and Swim Smooth video analysis. I coach athletes on a global basis, so regardless of your location, we can help you reach your potential.
- USAT Level 1 Certified Coach
- USAT Paratriathlon Certified Coach
- USAT Youth and Juniors Certified Coach
- Ironman Certified Coach
- USMS Level 2 Certified
- Training Peaks Level 2 Certified Coach
Peter has been training and racing triathlons for over 30 years. Some of his triathlon career highlights include:
Over 20 Ironman Finishes beginning in 1990, including several appearances at the Hawaiian Ironman World Championship - Kona, HI
- 2016 Ironman World Championship - Kona, HI - Qualified
- 2015 Ironman Los Cabos - 1st Age Group, 21st overall
- 2013 Qualified USA Triathlon Sprint World Championship - London, UK
- 2012 Abu Dhabi International Sprint Distance - 6th place overall
- 2009 Ironman Florida - 2nd in Age Group, All-American status
- 2006 Ironman Florida - 1st in Age Group, 26th overall
- 1998 Ironman Brazil - 5th overall (PR: 9:09:40)
- 1995 Endurance Champion
- 1994 New England Runner - Triathlete of the Year