World-class triathlon coaching
in Tucson, AZ
It’s not just about the results. The best results come from enjoying the process
I understand you hire a coach for results… to reach your potential. I also know, from 30 years of racing and training, the best results come from enjoying the process.
In addition to making sure you are moving forward in your training, I want to make sure all the athletes I coach are enjoying their time training. The results speak for them self.
How a guy from Rhode Island ended up in Tucson, Arizona
At the end of 2019, my family had the opportunity to relocate to Tucson, AZ. As a life-long New Englander, it was a difficult decision…okay, it was the middle of winter, and not that difficult a decision. I previously ran training camps in Tucson, and fell in love with the area. Moving here full-time provides me an exciting new opportunity to expand my coaching services to include new friends & athletes, more training camps, Swim Smooth video analysis and swim groups (in outdoor pools), and expanded running & triathlon coaching.
I will be traveling back to New England regularly to allow for meeting with athletes and Swim Smooth video analysis.
I coach athletes on a global basis, so regardless of your location, we can help you reach your potential.
About Peter Russo
Peter has been training and racing triathlons for over 30 years. Some of his triathlon career highlights include:
- USAT Level 2 Certified Coach
- USAT Paratriathlon Certified Coach
- USAT Youth and Juniors Certified Coach
- Ironman Certified Coach
- USMS Level 2 Certified
- Training Peaks Level 2 Certified Coach
Over 20 Ironman Finishes beginning in 1990, including several appearances at the Hawaiian Ironman World Championship – Kona, HI
- 2016 Ironman World Championship – Kona, HI – Qualified
- 2015 Ironman Los Cabos – 1st Age Group, 21st overall
- 2013 Qualified USA Triathlon Sprint World Championship – London, UK
- 2012 Abu Dhabi International Sprint Distance – 6th place overall
- 2009 Ironman Florida – 2nd in Age Group, All-American status
- 2006 Ironman Florida – 1st in Age Group, 26th overall
- 1998 Ironman Brazil – 5th overall (PR: 9:09:40)
- 1995 Endurance Champion
- 1994 New England Runner – Triathlete of the Year